Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by wei jin <kv...@apache.org> on 2021/01/10 14:25:10 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Creating a receiver plugin using HTTP protocol

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a new proposal about creating http server as a
receiver plugin.

Background

Now we have grpc server for receiving APM data from business service, but
some services still use the http protocol for some reasons.

Structure

As the detailed structure in
https://skywalking.apache.org/blog/2020-11-25-skywalking-satellite-0.1.0-design/#detailed-structure,
I would like to create http server as a receiver plugin.

By this plugin, some servers that use http client to transmit APM data can
also be used with SkyWalking Satellite.

If it is OK, I would like to contribute this.

Thanks ! Regards.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Creating a receiver plugin using HTTP protocol

Posted by wei jin <kv...@apache.org>.
OK, Thanks.

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2021年1月11日周一 上午8:13写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
skywalking already supoorts this feature

wei jin <kv...@apache.org>于2021年1月10日 周日下午10:25写道:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to start a new proposal about creating http server as a
> receiver plugin.
>
> Background
>
> Now we have grpc server for receiving APM data from business service, but
> some services still use the http protocol for some reasons.
>
> Structure
>
> As the detailed structure in
>
> https://skywalking.apache.org/blog/2020-11-25-skywalking-satellite-0.1.0-design/#detailed-structure
> ,
> I would like to create http server as a receiver plugin.
>
> By this plugin, some servers that use http client to transmit APM data can
> also be used with SkyWalking Satellite.
>
> If it is OK, I would like to contribute this.
>
> Thanks ! Regards.

Ming Wen, Apache APISIX PMC Chair
Twitter: _WenMing