Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 14:15:59 UTC

Find out what's causing an InvalidOperationException

Hi all,

On running a statement of the form "INSERT INTO TABLE tbl1 PARTITION(p1)
SELECT x1 FROM tbl2", I get the following error:

"Failed with exception java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.InvalidOperationException cannot be
cast to java.lang.RuntimeException"

How can I find out what is causing this error? I.e. which logs should I
look at?

Cheers,

Krishna

Re: Find out what's causing an InvalidOperationException

Posted by Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com>.
The data types are the same. In fact, the statement works the first time,
but not the second (I change a WHERE constraint to give different data).

I presume it is some invalid data, but is there any way to find a clue in a
log file?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar