Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/03 19:26:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Re: sending .jpg on another box

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:25:34 +0200, Josiane BERNILLON wrote:

[...]
> I think it's true, but I never use it and could't help you on this topic.
> I just give you a quick way to free space on your BoxA disk without
> reconfiguring your Apaches servers....
> --
> Josiane

This is good, but in my case, reconfiguration is not
a problem.  After more reading, I found that a single
line added to the configuration:

   RewriteRule (/.*jpg) http://BoxB.net$1 [P]

worked with no apparent problem.

Mike.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Re: sending .jpg on another box

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 03.10.06 13:26, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> This is good, but in my case, reconfiguration is not
> a problem.  After more reading, I found that a single
> line added to the configuration:
>
>    RewriteRule (/.*jpg) http://BoxB.net$1 [P]
>
> worked with no apparent problem.

I think this could be easily done with

<Location *.jpg>
ProxyPass /source/directory/ http://destination.server/directory/
</Location>

without the need of using mod_rewrite
Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*