Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hoehmann, Andreas" <an...@siemens.com> on 2008/11/05 17:49:51 UTC

activate log4j for plugins

Hello folks,

i have a pom.xml

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.14</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>xfire-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <!--
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>wsgen</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
         -->
        <configuration>
          <package>de.ahoehma.ws.sso</package>
          <profile></profile>
          <binding></binding>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/client</ou
tputDirectory>
          <wsdls>
            <wsdl>${basedir}/src/wsdl/sso.wsdl</wsdl>
          </wsdls>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

if i run xfire:wsgen i got a error

[INFO] [xfire:wsgen]
[INFO] Executing XFire WsGen task with url:
file:/d:/ws/sso-test/src/wsdl/sso.wsdl
[ERROR] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.codehaus.xfire.gen.Wsdl11Generator).
[ERROR] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] command execution failed

Embedded error: org.codehaus.xfire.gen.GenerationException: Error
generating JAXB model.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: command
execution failed
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:583)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:482)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:142)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: command
execution failed
        at org.codehaus.mojo.xfire.WsgenMojo.exec(WsgenMojo.java:188)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.xfire.WsgenMojo.execute(WsgenMojo.java:103)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:451)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.xfire.gen.GenerationException: Error generating
JAXB model.
        at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.WsGenTask.execute(WsGenTask.java:48)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.xfire.WsgenMojo.exec(WsgenMojo.java:184)
        ... 19 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Nov 05 17:17:48 CET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/21M
[INFO]

Re: activate log4j for plugins

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Create the file commons-logging.properties in /src/main/resources/
having this content:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Dennis Lundberg

Re: activate log4j for plugins

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Create the right log4j.properties (or the equivalent for JCL).
No directly related, but I guess you should put scope runtime for log4j
dependency. This is a really good practice since sometimes, you might
inadvertently import log4j Logging class instead of going through JCL.
Putting scope runtime will give a compile error if you do it.

Cheers.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !