Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by jawed <ja...@uk.specsavers.com> on 2007/11/29 12:05:35 UTC

stomp php client using activemq 4.1.1

Hello,

Re: Loosing messages using the stomp feature in activemq 4.1.1

1. I am using activemq 4.1.1 as my broker and a POJO as my consumer
2. I am sending messages from a php stomp client taken from
https://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/php/

Scenario:
I am sending messages from the php client using the stomp protocol to my
activemq broker. After sending all messages I then run my consumer, only to
find some of the messages are being consumed. It seems to happen when I send
three or more messages, and the messages that are lost is random i.e. the
lost messages do not follow a sequence. Is this a known issue?

Also, I was wondering if turning on the persistence feature from the php
client would guarantee delivery, if so, how can I turn on messaging
persistence from the php client using the header properties, is it a string
if so what string or an object if so which object?

Thanks for your time

Re: stomp php client using activemq 4.1.1

Posted by javed_s <ja...@uk.specsavers.com>.
Hi,

How do i know what acking i am using. I dont seem to be acking anywhere.

If i need to acknowledge a message is that done from the php client or my
java POJO if so do you have an example?

Thank you very much!

Posted by javed_s <ja...@uk.specsavers.com>.
Hi,

I have just realised that in my POJO I am not using auto ack
session = connection.createSession(true, Session.SESSION_TRANSACTED);

Posted by javed_s <ja...@uk.specsavers.com>.
Just to let you know,

I have moved over to activemq 5.0.0 and I am now i have no message leaks.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org>.
----- "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are your using auto acking or are you manually acking the messages?
> Manually acking the messages is the only way to garantee that no
> message loss will occur.

  There is also a known bug, in 4.1.1 where ActiveMQ loses any sent, but un-acked messages if the client dies without a proper quit.

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>
> Open Source SOA
> http://open.iona.com

Tom

Re: stomp php client using activemq 4.1.1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi,

Are your using auto acking or are you manually acking the messages?
Manually acking the messages is the only way to garantee that no
message loss will occur.

On Nov 29, 2007 6:05 AM, jawed <ja...@uk.specsavers.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Re: Loosing messages using the stomp feature in activemq 4.1.1
>
> 1. I am using activemq 4.1.1 as my broker and a POJO as my consumer
> 2. I am sending messages from a php stomp client taken from
> https://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/php/
>
> Scenario:
> I am sending messages from the php client using the stomp protocol to my
> activemq broker. After sending all messages I then run my consumer, only to
> find some of the messages are being consumed. It seems to happen when I send
> three or more messages, and the messages that are lost is random i.e. the
> lost messages do not follow a sequence. Is this a known issue?
>
> Also, I was wondering if turning on the persistence feature from the php
> client would guarantee delivery, if so, how can I turn on messaging
> persistence from the php client using the header properties, is it a string
> if so what string or an object if so which object?
>
> Thanks for your time

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA