Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Erkkila, Matthew" <Er...@bnpmedia.com> on 2005/03/03 18:34:54 UTC

Root Context on Tomcat 5.5.7

I am trying to deploy a root context webapp using a war file.  Anytime I
try to deploy the war file (ROOT.war) it says it deployed successfully
but then disappears from the manager.  I can deploy it manually by
copying the context.xml to 'conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml' and
copying the web app files into 'webapps/ROOT'.

I am including a copy of the context.xml and a snippet from the log
file.

Log file:

Mar 3, 2005 12:29:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
Mar 3, 2005 12:29:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
applicationWebConfig
INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[]

META-INF/context.xml file:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context path="/" docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/ROOT">
   <ResourceLink name="jdbc/ssdb" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
global="jdbc/ssdb"/>
</Context>

I know it says it's missing the web.xml but I know it is in the war
archive in WEB-INF/web.xml

Any ideas?

Matt