Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@apache.org> on 2018/02/19 19:32:42 UTC

getting back on the Couch

hey folks,

I've been busy lately -- turns out 3 kids, some ongoing health troubles, and a job has left me with less time than I'd hoped for, but I still hope to keep my spot on the Couch warm, so to speak.

As I can squeeze in only a handful of hours a week these days, I'm planning to prod things on github where I can help things along, get the 2.x release into FreeBSD ports, and I'd said I can handle the IP clearance for the proposed bcrypt PR assuming we're good with adding another NIF there. If anybody's already progressing that, or wants to work with me, please speak up. Progress will be slow, but there will be progress.... eventually.

I'll re-read our committer-related docs to refresh my memory, but don't hesitate to remind me if I err in my functional() ways. I'm on IRC during EU daytime pretty much always, dch in #couchdb as usual.

A+, Dave
—
  Dave Cottlehuber
  dch@apache.org
  Sent from my Couch

Re: getting back on the Couch

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hey Dave,

fantastic to hear from you. Obviously my input has fallen to a minimum unfortunately - but my heart is still at CouchDB. So it’s so good to hear, that you are back.

As a quick reminder: I would love to welcome you and other folks at this Meetup in Hamburg:

	https://www.meetup.com/CouchDB-Meetup-Hamburg/events/246070684/?eventId=246070684

All the best

Andy

--