Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Laura lega <sp...@libero.it> on 2001/11/09 15:45:41 UTC

checking out Attic package on CVS

Hello!
Having a look at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/portletcontainer/Attic/

I can see there's an Attic package I don't manage to download using WinCVS.
Does anybody know why?

Thanks,
    Laura

Re: checking out Attic package on CVS

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
En vie, 2001-11-09 a 15:45, Laura lega escribió:
> Hello!
> Having a look at:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/portletcontainer/Attic/
>
> I can see there's an Attic package I don't manage to download using WinCVS.
> Does anybody know why?

I know this is old, but I reply anyhow.

The problem is that Attic is used for those files that have been
"removed" from current or tagged version.

If you want to use one of those files:

- you are in the wrong branch
- you are trying to use files that have been removed from the current
source base.

This concrete example happens to be in the "portlet_api" branch, a
branch that was opened by IBM people to help in the implementation of
the new Portlet API.

This work remains open there. I hope we will be able to mix it in for
the next major release, but this job is languishing now.

RE: checking out Attic package on CVS

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
The attic is a cvs thing, its where deleted files go to. Do you need to
recover something?

-- David

David Sean Taylor
david@bluesunrise.com