Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2014/09/03 09:00:23 UTC

How are OFBiz containers started when OFBiz is deployed in an external servlet container?

This is a question for the ones that are deploying OFBiz in external application servers/servlet containers, either using the scripts from specialpurpose/appservers or manually.
I don't see in the scripts in specialpurpose/appservers anything related to the initialization of OFBiz containers (component etc...) . What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: How are OFBiz containers started when OFBiz is deployed in an external servlet container?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you David.

Please see inline:

On Sep 17, 2014, at 8:15 AM, David E. Jones <de...@me.com> wrote:

> As I recall there is a stripped-down container config file that is used when deployed in an external servlet container, and this was used instead of ofbiz-containers.xml (or any of the others in framework/base/config).

The stripped-down container is now:

    <container name="component-container-limited" loaders="limited" class="org.ofbiz.base.container.ComponentContainer">
        <property name="update-classpath" value="false"/>
    </container>

It is the same container that loads the components with the update-classpath set to false (because the jars required by ofbiz are supposed to be in the app server's classpath already).
However I don't see that code that starts this ComponentContainer when you start e.g. Tomcat: Tomcat just loads the OFBiz webapplications deployed.

Jacopo

Posted by "David E. Jones" <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
yes!