Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/10/29 12:16:26 UTC

maximum sstable size

its possible to implement maximum sstable size for
tieredcompactionpolicy without much code changes?

I am using it in lucene with really good performance effect, max size is
4 GB, dataset total size is 30 GB. It prevents lucene from creating too
big segment which takes too long to be merged with newer segments.

Re: maximum sstable size

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Dne 4.11.2012 1:24, Edward Capriolo napsal(a):
> I have another ticket open for this.
which one

Re: maximum sstable size

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: maximum sstable size

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
done

Re: maximum sstable size

Posted by Ben Coverston <be...@datastax.com>.
It's possible, take a look at the CompactionTask class for some guidance on
what we did for LCS.

--
Ben Coverston
DataStax -- The Apache Cassandra Company