Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lee <le...@unassemble.co.uk> on 2002/07/29 21:50:59 UTC

Forcing Apache to only listen on a single IP

Hi,

I have a slight problem.  Firstly some background:

I have a single server that has multiple IPs that I use for testing purposes
only.  One of the IP's x.x.x.13 is using to do Name-based Virtual hosting on
a standard apache binary.

Another IP x.x.x.14 is an Apache-SSL server which is going to be used for
IP-based Secure sites.  This is the machine causing me the problem.

The SSL server will answer all SSL (i.e. port 443) requests regardless of
the IP.  I have tried using Listen to limit the requests just to the x.14
address but it does say in the documentation that this is the default.

Does anyone know of a way of limiting apache to only listen on the specific
IPs you want rather than all the IP's the server has?

Thanks  for you help

Regards

Lee

Re: Forcing Apache to only listen on a single IP

Posted by Lee <le...@unassemble.co.uk>.
Cheers Tony,

I had specified the IP:Port combo in the listen directive.  However what I
didn't notice was an <IfDefine SSL> block in the config which also had a
Listen 443 directive, commented this out and it now seems to be working
fine.

Thanks again

Lee