Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Kartashov, Andy" <An...@mpac.ca> on 2012/11/29 15:46:22 UTC

RE: hadoop current properties

Many thanks.

Both suggestions worked well.

<ip-address>:port/conf - displayed all of the conf

Running $hadoop getcong -confKey <property> would tell me if changed property was picked up by the system.

Thanks!

p.s. where is the below property set, in the mapred-site.xml on the JT?
I currently have it as:
<name>mapred.task.tracker.report.address</name>
<value>127.0.0.1:0</value>
and wondering whether it is responsible for some of my broken webUI links.

AK
Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
It is coming from the default properties file - mapred-default.xml. The
order of loading configuration in Hadoop is default.xml > site.xml >
job.xml.

<property>
  <name>mapred.task.tracker.report.address</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1:0</value>
  <description>The interface and port that task tracker server listens on.
  Since it is only connected to by the tasks, it uses the local interface.
  EXPERT ONLY. Should only be changed if your host does not have the
loopback
  interface.</description>
</property>

>From the description, I feel it should not cause any broken links for you.
Can you tell us which links are broken ?

Thanks
hemanth

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.