Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Cornel Antohi <ca...@kepler.ro> on 2001/11/05 11:02:37 UTC

SOAP and development

Hi,
Someone tells me to work with soap and asked me what language offers the
best support for this. He recomand me Delphi. What do you say ?

Re: SOAP and development

Posted by James Lawless <la...@maths.tcd.ie>.
Hi,

I'm new to this list and some may not share my view but I would have
thought the best language to work with SOAP was Java. The ApacheSOAP dev
efforts are all progressed through Java and much work is ongoing in this
area. Delphi ties you in inextricably to the Win32 route, if you want to
go down this line the forthcoming Microsoft .NET boasts integral SOAP and
web-services features. There are various articles on the Microsoft
developer site, MSDN, to this effect. Note however though that these
claims are yet to be substantiated.

You should look on xml.apache.org to find out more about ApacheSOAP or
www.soapuser.com for a good introduction.

Regards,

James

James Lawless B.A., M.Sc.	Graduate Student, School of Maths, TCD
086 834 8869			www.maths.tcd.ie/~lawless

Re: SOAP and development

Posted by James Lawless <la...@maths.tcd.ie>.
Hi,