Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/13 21:25:14 UTC

scope attribute must be declared.

Hello,

I'm new to struts and I'm using struts 2.0.6. I'm trying to persist some variables so they can be used across multiple forms. I've read a number of posts that say you can persist data across a session by adding the scope="session" attribute to the action tag. e.g...

<action name="someAction" scope="session">

Here's a link to one...
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0601_vishwanathan/0601_vishwanathan.html

When I try this I get the following error in the Tomcat logs.

Attribute "scope" must be declared for element type "action"...

Do I have to configure something to use this attribute or am I using it incorrectly.

Thanks,
Ryan