Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2020/01/09 08:27:03 UTC

Retire feature application builder

Hi,

the feature applicationbuilder module [1] steams from an old, discarded
idea.

It hasn't been maintained for a while and is not needed.

I think we should retire it. What is the process for that ?
As we never released it, we can probably just delete it?

Regards
Carsten

[1]
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-feature-applicationbuilder
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Retire feature application builder

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Carsten,

On Thu, 2020-01-09 at 09:27 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the feature applicationbuilder module [1] steams from an old,
> discarded
> idea.
>
> It hasn't been maintained for a while and is not needed.
>
> I think we should retire it. What is the process for that ?
> As we never released it, we can probably just delete it?

I don't think we have a process since we moved to Git.

I think it's OK to delete it - as it stands it's a single class and
most of the functionality has been moved elsewhere. Another option is
to mark the repository as deprecated using labels - see [2] - and
asking INFRA to mark it as archived. But I'm not sure that it's worth
it.

Thanks,
Robert

[2]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories

Re: Retire feature application builder

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I forgot about this one, but now I created an ask to remove this unused
repository:

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.