Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/12/09 10:59:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCE][VFS] commons-vfs 1.0 RC8

Hi!

The commons vfs community is happy to announce the availability of commons-vfs 1.0 RC8.

Please find the RC at
http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs

The site can be reviewed at
http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs-1.0-RC8/site

*) imported commons-compress into vfs codebase to get rid of snapshot
dependency
*) moved webdav implementation to the vfs sandbox due to the fact that
webdavclient seems not active and no new release is on the way
*) moved smb implemenation to the vfs sandbox due to licensing issues.
Now that we sorted out how to deal with LGPL I'll move it back for a 1.1
release
*) some bugfixes along the way

Thanks to all supporters of commons-VFS!

---
Mario