Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "clenabat@voila.fr" <cl...@voila.fr> on 2003/01/16 23:18:49 UTC

CPU and Tomcat 4.1 problems

Hello,

I have created a web application with Struts 1.0. I use Tomcat 4.1.12 to run it.
Lots of times, the CPU reach 90%, I can't do anything and I need to stop the Tomcat service.

I don't understand what is the problem. Could you help me ?

My Computer runs with :
Windows 2000 Server
512 Mo RAM
JDK 1.3.1.02

The service was created by the command :

tomcat.exe -install "Apache Tomcat 4.1"
[jdk1.3path]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=[tomcatpath]\bin\bootstrap.jar;[jdk1.3path]\lib\tools.jar
-Dcatalina.home=[tomcatpath]
-server -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Xrs
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start
-stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop
-out [tomcatpath]\logs\stdout.log
-err [tomcatpath]\logs\stderr.log

Thanks very much

Christophe (CLN)

PS : Can I reduce the memory taken by Tomcat with the parameters -Xms64m -Xmx256m without any problem.