Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com> on 2009/11/24 01:09:13 UTC

Q: problem setting up Windows XP for C++ builds

Hi - I'm having a problem building the current C++ trunk on my shiny new Windows XP box.  I'm sure I've done something wrong with the tools install/config in the Windows environment, but I can't get to the bottom of it.

I'm running cmakesetup, but cannot get past the configuration phase.  I keep getting the following error dialog:

CMake Error: Boost C++ libraries not found.  Please install or try setting BOOST_ROOT.

I've followed the setup directions in the INSTALL-WINDOWS text file.  I've installed CMake 2.4-patch 8, boost 1.35.0, and Microsoft visual C++ Express (9).

And... BOOST_ROOT is set to my boost install path, specifically: C:\boost\boost_1_35_0.

This may be a clue: when I cancel out of the configuration, the cache value Boost_INCLUDE_DIR is in error and set to Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND.

I'd like to have an windows build environment set up so I can sanity check any changes before posting them - I primarily develop in Linux.

thanks for any help,

-K

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: problem setting up Windows XP for C++ builds

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Ken,

> Hi - I'm having a problem building the current C++ trunk on
> my shiny new Windows XP box.  I'm sure I've done something
> wrong with the tools install/config in the Windows
> environment, but I can't get to the bottom of it.

Ok.

> I'm running cmakesetup, but cannot get past the configuration
> phase.  I keep getting the following error dialog:
>
> CMake Error: Boost C++ libraries not found.  Please install
> or try setting BOOST_ROOT.
>
> I've followed the setup directions in the INSTALL-WINDOWS
> text file.  I've installed CMake 2.4-patch 8, boost 1.35.0,
> and Microsoft visual C++ Express (9).
>
> And... BOOST_ROOT is set to my boost install path,
> specifically: C:\boost\boost_1_35_0.

Ok... Did you install the BoostPro installer, or build it yourself?

Is BOOST_ROOT set in the cmake cache or via env variable? If env
variable, please try setting it direectly in the cache.

> This may be a clue: when I cancel out of the configuration,
> the cache value Boost_INCLUDE_DIR is in error and set to
> Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND.

That's the side-affect of Cmake not finding Boost.

> I'd like to have an windows build environment set up so I can
> sanity check any changes before posting them - I primarily
> develop in Linux.

My man... :-)

Let me know.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org