Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jack Gia <ts...@operamail.com> on 2002/08/20 15:36:53 UTC

auth_digest not working?

Hello, I have loaded the mod_auth_digest.so module
I have done everything correctly according to the manual.
<Directory "<somepath>/web/pics">
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Private"
    AuthDigestFile <somepath>/pass
    Require user friends
</Directory>

Using the binary htdigest i added several users and passwords. To
test the configuration, I used Internet Explorer 5.01 . It actually
worked fine from remote client. Next, I tried using Amaya, didnt
work. Next, Opera 6.05 gave me the message: "This URL is not in the
list of URLs that can be authenticated by the given realm. Cannot
send Authentication credentials."

Any ideas on how to make it work with any other browsers besides IE5 ?
Thanks alot,
Jack
Download the free Opera browser at http://www.opera.com/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/

Powered by Outblaze

Re: auth_digest not working?

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
Some things to check:

-	What is in your error log ?
-	What is in your <somepath>/pass; does
	the middle field match -exactly- the realm from the
	AuthName ?
-	if not -what did you enter as a realm name with the
	htdigest passwd.
-	Try for now 'require valid-user' - you sure friends
	is not a group name ?
Dw