Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jennya Dobreva <do...@ifi.unizh.ch> on 2002/07/15 14:33:33 UTC

Missing data

Hello folks,

I passed through a lot of "adventures" until I receive some logical
consequence for receiving the so needed
module of mod_jk.so for Solaris 8.0.
It turned out that latest source versions of Tomcat4.x.x  are only empty
folders... And when I try to get some of
archives like jakarta-tomcat-4.x.x.tar.gz  after the first decompression
the tar file has "wrong checksum...".
But zip files are OK..

Now I get the tomcat-jakarta-connectors-4.0.2-src, but there are missing
files again...
I entered into the tomcat-jakarta-connectors-4.0.2-src/jk/native and tried
to start the file buildconf.sh.
Even during reading the documentation I noted that one of specified files
is missing - aclocal.m4 (in previous
versions that file is missing also). Anyway I started the script and I
received the following message:

Here is and the
configure.in:14: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found,
configure.in:14: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing...
configure.in:14: You should run aclocal to create this file, then
configure.in:14: run automake again.
configure.in: installing `scripts/build/unix/install-sh'
configure.in: installing `scripts/build/unix/mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `scripts/build/unix/missing'

May I ask you how can I get the specified file?
I have another idea how can I receive mod_jk.so or mod_webapps .so module,
but my ideas are about to exhaust...

Something else around documentation specified in INSTALL file:
Besides libtool and autoconf tools, the developer has to have installed m4
library/module as well and
automake tool.

I see it is difficult to support a nice application and good
documentation... But at least some of these omissions it
is better to be mentioned and corrected.

Thanks in advance!

/ Jennya Dobreva