Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by "O. Pylypenko" <ol...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/06 12:37:00 UTC

Switching JMeter to SLF4J

Hi guys,

found following task on a "help wanted" site.
Would like to build and contribute a solution for it.
Should it finally be a pull request on github?
Any other things to considers(besides "no tabs")?

Task:
---------------------
JMeter initially relied on LogKit as a Logging framework.
Since JMeter 3.0, a bridge to slf4j has been introduced and 3rd party
plugins can now use it.
But we would like to definitely drop LogKit in favor of SLF4J.
Our github mirror is :  https://github.com/apache/jmeter
Ensure you follow formatting guidelines (no tabs mainly)
---------------------

Great day,
Oleksii

Re: Switching JMeter to SLF4J

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Oleksiy,
Thanks for your proposal but meanwhile another contributor Woonsan Ko has
proposed 2 PRs related to this :

   - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/254
   - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/250

Yet migration is not finished as we now need to handle switching from
Logkit loggers to slf4j Loggers but this is not the most challenging work,
it's more about code replacement than development.
But if you want to help, there are a lot of fields  where you can, see:

   - http://jmeter.apache.org/issues.html

+ Code coverage https://builds.apache.org/analysis/overview?id=12927
And for contributing:

   - http://jmeter.apache.org/building.html