Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by manofghoti <ju...@gsdgi.com> on 2007/01/16 01:51:03 UTC

Table row selection question as DirectLink parameter

Hey all,

Application overview:  A Contrib.table of students is displayed to the user.
User selects a student (clicks on the row of a table, changes the <tr> class
attribute to 'selected') and then clicks a DirectLink that says 'Drop
student from class.'

My question is how do I pass the id of the student(s) to my DirectLink?  My
plan at the moment is to create a form with a hidden field and when the user
clicks on a row to select it, change the <tr> class attribute to 'selected'
and then update the hidden form field with the id of the student.  Then use
that hidden field as a parameter in my DirectLink.  The id of the student
would be a hidden column of the table that I would somehow access via
table.rows[i].cells[0].value or something.

Surely there is an easier way?  Would this idea even work?

Thanks.

Re: Table row selection question as DirectLink parameter

Posted by manofghoti <ju...@gsdgi.com>.
I think I've figured it out.  Thanks.