Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2004/07/12 18:23:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2

Hi,
Let's vote concerning the release of ant 1.6.2 on Friday,
July 16th.
[ ] Yes, release ant 1.6.2 on July 16th
[ ] No, make another release candidate
I saw errors in tests sent by Jan Matèrne under Win/JDK 1.2 [1].
I am not sure whether these are showstoppers.
Since there is a huge list of resolved issues/improvements in ant 1.6.2
compared to 1.6.1, I am eager to get it out.

Cheers,
Antoine

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel/31349

Re: [VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
[X] Yes, release ant 1.6.2 on July 16th
[ ] No, make another release candidate

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

>Hi,
>Let's vote concerning the release of ant 1.6.2 on Friday,
>July 16th.
>[X] Yes, release ant 1.6.2 on July 16th
>[ ] No, make another release candidate

Peter

Re: [VOTE] Release of ant 1.6.2

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> Let's vote concerning the release of ant 1.6.2 on
> Friday,
> July 16th.
> [ ] Yes, release ant 1.6.2 on July 16th
> [ ] No, make another release candidate
> I saw errors in tests sent by Jan Mat�rne under
> Win/JDK 1.2 [1].
> I am not sure whether these are showstoppers.
> Since there is a huge list of resolved
> issues/improvements in ant 1.6.2
> compared to 1.6.1, I am eager to get it out.

Not voting yet myself.  Wanted to make everyone aware
that since RC1 I have committed to the 1.6 branch a
resolution for an issue with the <apply> testcases on
Java 1.2, as well as the change to build.xml that
disables AssertionsTest pre-Java 1.4.  These were both
discovered by Jan.  It is my opinion that a release
omitting these will not be fully 1.2-compatible.

-Matt