Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Arkady Kasianski <Ar...@Amdocs.com> on 2004/06/09 17:25:23 UTC

Asynchronous Web services

Axis 1.2 does not support asynchronous web services. Why? It's a first
requirement for enterprise.
I found a few proposals on this subject in night snapshot (with file
stamp is 2002?).

Are you planning to provide this feature?

Thank you.

Re: Asynchronous Web services

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Arkady Kasianski wrote:

> Axis 1.2 does not support asynchronous web services. Why? It's a first
> requirement for enterprise.
> I found a few proposals on this subject in night snapshot (with file
> stamp is 2002?).
>
> Are you planning to provide this feature?

i think that you need more than just ability to make async call? dont
you need reliable messaging so ACK for message can be received too?

did you look on Sandesha?

alek

Re: Asynchronous Web services

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
If you mean just an async API...see
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/client/async/

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
FYI, JSR 224 JAX-RPC 2.0 is supposed to standardize asynchronous call
described at http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=224 . I hope Toshiyuki Kimura,
a committer of Axis and member of JSR 224 EG would help Axis NG (probably
2.0) to envision and implement the feature.

Thanks,

Ias

________________________________

	Axis 1.2 does not support asynchronous web services. Why? It's a
first requirement for enterprise.
	I found a few proposals on this subject in night snapshot (with file
stamp is 2002?).

	Are you planning to provide this feature?

	The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s)
	of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
	you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of
immediately