Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rini van de Wiel <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/09 17:10:40 UTC

POI - HPFS problem

Hi,

Below you'll find an overview of messages and answers that where recently posted on the poi-user list (bottom-up). Since we are willing to participate on POI - HPFS development, I want to reach the development community as wel, as the may have some ideas on the issue.

Any help on this would be welcome

Kind regards,
Rini van de Wiel

PS. My excuses to all of you who already received these messages through the poi-user list. I have no intend to spam both lists.

-------------------------------------

We are currently looking into the problem to see if we can make a
contribution to POI-HPFS and this specific problem. We have very limited
time (one week), before a go-nogo decision for the use of POI in our project
has to be made.

We are investigating the use of codepages and the write methods of the
MutableXXX classes.

If anyone has some ideas or pointers to the issue...

Kind regards,
Rini van de Wiel

Nothing happened so far. I'll look into it as soon as time permits.
Currently it doesn't, sorry. If someone else can come up with a fix,
he'd be welcome. And of course, you could make it a paid job which could
speed up things considerably.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

I found an entry in de poi-dev-list (and a bugzilla entry) stating the same
problem I described earlier. The bug #27453 was posted beginning of march.

Does anybody now it's status.

thanks,
Rini

-----------------------------------

Hi,

For our Document Management Solution we are currently looking at POI HPFS to
change some custom properties in the DocumentSummaryInformation stream.

I am using poi-2.1-20040512 (from CVS) on MSOffice2000 Word-documents.

>From the point of POI everything seems OK. I'm using the POIBrowser to view
the changes made, I can see the correct entries and my changes (in the
DocumentSummaryInformation).

But when opening the document in Word our custom properties in the
DocumentSummaryInformation are no longer displayed
(File->Properties->Custom)

I found that the WriteAuthorAndTitle.java example, provided with the
distibution,  (allthough changing basic properties in the SummaryInformation
stream) has the same outcome
All custom properties (available in the input-file) don't display but are
available according to the POIBrowser.

Can anybody elaborate on the 'problem',  am I missing something or ... ?

Regards,
Rini van de Wiel