Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by de...@paants.com on 2001/04/10 14:43:36 UTC

General question

I am running apache web server on OS X. I downloaded the jakarta package. I need to know where to place teh jakarta package so it will work properly. I don't know how to "install" it or maybe configure the conf files. Please help!

denni

Re: General question

Posted by Arnaud Vandyck <ar...@ressource-toi.org>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 4/10/01 5:43 AM, "denni9800@paants.com" <de...@paants.com> wrote:
>
> > I am running apache web server on OS X. I downloaded the jakarta package. I
> > need to know where to place teh jakarta package so it will work properly. I
> > don't know how to "install" it or maybe configure the conf files. Please help!
> >
> > denni
>
> There is no such thing as the Jakarta Package so it is difficult to tell
> what you are talking about.

Don't you have a "/usr/local" on Mac OS X?

Under linux, I put all the jakarta packages in that directory:
/usr/local/jakarta/
/usr/local/jakarta/ant
/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat

After that, maybe you got to link the "bin" scripts to /usr/bin or
something else (personnally, under Debian, I did
/usr/local/jakarta/ant-1.3/bin/ant -> /etc/alternatives/ant ->
/usr/bin/ant).

--
Arnaud Vandyck <http://www.ressource-toi.org/>
"... les liƩgeois sont sympas"

Re: General question

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/10/01 5:43 AM, "denni9800@paants.com" <de...@paants.com> wrote:

> I am running apache web server on OS X. I downloaded the jakarta package. I
> need to know where to place teh jakarta package so it will work properly. I
> don't know how to "install" it or maybe configure the conf files. Please help!
>
> denni

There is no such thing as the Jakarta Package so it is difficult to tell
what you are talking about.

-jon