Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David Genge <dr...@telus.net> on 2018/05/27 05:15:43 UTC

Request for Calc interface enhancement

Warmest Greetings,

Critique:
The colored lines in the Legends on Charts are too thin to see the
colors accurately for color blind users like myself.
It's already easy to change the thickness of the Data Series lines on
the chart so...

Relevant:
"Color blindness (color vision deficiency, or CVD) affects approximately
1 in 12 men (*8%*) and 1 in 200 women in the world.
If you are not color blind *you may be completely unaware* of the problem.

Request:
Please make the thickness of the colored lines at least as wide as the
Legend text is tall or,
  better, make the line (or a filled rectangle) as thick as the Legend
Border is tall.

If this can already be done by adjusting some parameter then I
apologize. Perhaps you could tell me how?

Thanks,
Cheers,
David

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
- Bill Ockham

Re: Request for Calc interface enhancement

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
I believe David is referring to the line weight used in the Legend Key?

If so, the only option I've found is a suggestion to copy the whole chart
then past the object into a graphics program and edit the line there.

Not at all convenient for routine use but to resolve the problem for
occasional one-off presentations it may be acceptable.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Request for Calc interface enhancement

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
Right click on a cell.
Select Format Cells.
When the dialog comes up select Border.
Change the Width from .75 to 1.0, 2.0 etc
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606