Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/11/03 08:45:08 UTC

Store Credit options

Hi All
I'm asking about the possibility of storing credit notes in ofbiz and
reusing them for example
some customer will return a product this product's price is 20 dollars but
he'll not get money he'll use this 20 dollar as a credit note so when next
time he makes an order with 40 dolllar he's going to pay only 20 and consume
his credit note
I know there's an option in return called store credit but what's the
financial consequences of using that option what it will do?

does any one knows a good way of handling returns with no refund but with
store credit wether it's a sales or purchase return
so that I can compare and see if I have to do some coding or the features
are enough for me.

Actually trying to imagine that is hard for me especially for purchase
orders. If I have credit note with 100 and the next purchase order costed me
1000 so I'll only make a payment with 900 what about the other 100 dollar
how I'm gonna make another payment with 100 dollar and make ofbiz understand
that it's from credit? are billing and financial accounts used in that? if
so how?

Thanks in advance

Re: Store Credit options

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
couple ways
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductStorePaySetup?productStoreId=9000
financial accounts- this is pretty flexible
Gift card-for just your store.

both require some customization, to use the way you want.

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shereen sent the following on 11/3/2010 12:45 AM: