Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 00:32:50 UTC

question:standalone-compiler-3.6.1.jar

Maven allBuild attempts to download the standalone-compiler-3.6.1.jar
file. The file is no longer available in the maven repositories (e.g. at
ibiblio.org there is a newer version 3.8.0 available only).

The build process continues even if the file is not found in
repositories, as it's not a dependency. What is this JAR needed for?

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: question:standalone-compiler-3.6.1.jar

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi>.
It shouldn't matter if it can not be downloaded. At least for me. It
could if you are creating installer packages or something. Don't know
really.

For a solution (more a workaround) is to change the file
${jetspeed.project.home}/installer/project.xml from this:

37: <id>standalone-compiler</id>
38:     <groupId>izpack</groupId>
39:     <version>3.6.1</version>

to this:

37: <id>standalone-compiler</id>
38:     <groupId>izpack</groupId>
39:     <version>3.8.0</version>

You might do it also like mentioned by Philip on this thread
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.jetspeed.user/16052

Don't know why this is not on the trunk. Haven't used it though and
there might be some issues with the different versions.

-Mikko

Posted by Elam Daly <el...@gmail.com>.