Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Aa...@Globus.ch on 2006/11/27 11:00:11 UTC

Error compiling Archiva

Hello,

I updated Archiva today and tried to compile it. The "mvn install" aborts
with NoClassDefFoundError:

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Archiva Web Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
[INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [plexus:merge-descriptors {execution: default}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Lorg/codehaus/plexus/archiver/manager/ArchiverManager;
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Lorg/codehaus/plexus/archiver/manager/ArchiverManager;
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2259)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1852)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils.java:26)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils.java:34)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.getFieldByName(FieldComponentComposer.java:212)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.findMatchingField(FieldComponentComposer.java:171)

What's wrong?

Aaron Digulla

Re: Error compiling Archiva

Posted by Aa...@Globus.ch.
Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you try to clean the project before ?
> I successfully built it yesterday.

Yes. I've also tried to build with and without Codehaus snapshots but to
no avail.

Maybe it's not Archive but a new maven plugin that causes the problem?

Also, can someone tell me where DigestUtils is now? I have problems with
the checksum checking code (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-154).

Aaron Digulla

Re: Error compiling Archiva

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Did you try to clean the project before ?
I successfully built it yesterday.

Arnaud

Aaron.Digulla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I updated Archiva today and tried to compile it. The "mvn install" aborts
> with NoClassDefFoundError:
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Archiva Web Application
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
> [INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: default}]
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] [plexus:merge-descriptors {execution: default}]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Lorg/codehaus/plexus/archiver/manager/ArchiverManager;
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> Lorg/codehaus/plexus/archiver/manager/ArchiverManager;
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2259)
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1852)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils.java:26)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.ReflectionUtils.getFieldByNameIncludingSuperclasses(ReflectionUtils.java:34)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.getFieldByName(FieldComponentComposer.java:212)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.findMatchingField(FieldComponentComposer.java:171)
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Aaron Digulla

Antwort: Error compiling Archiva

Posted by Aa...@Globus.ch.
After cleaning my local repository and the cached repositories in my
Archiva proxy, I could compile again.

While this works, it's sub-optimal. How do I debug an error like this?

Aaron Digulla