Posted to dev@gossip.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/02/10 02:31:33 UTC

Can NOTICE be updated to align with legal?

Hi,

Back when gossip first came to the ASF, I had contacted legal for
information about how to import projects from googlecode.

Can Gossip align to the summary provided by legal?  Or was an SGA found?

Re: Can NOTICE be updated to align with legal?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Back when gossip first came to the ASF, I had contacted legal for
> information about how to import projects from googlecode.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-248
>
> Can Gossip align to the summary provided by legal?  Or was an SGA found?

John,

*The original author Josh filled out the SGA. I forwarded you the email
since it was transmitted on private. As for the author with two
commits *harmenw
I attempted to contact him and there was no reply.

I have not bisected those two commits to see what if anything was in the
source code at the time my fork came to Apache.

*Thank,Edward*