Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/24 05:49:51 UTC

isolated test plugin

Could someone provide context on how integration & dunit tests are run in
CI?

I remember geode had dockerized test plugin that isolates test execution.
But looking at this PR[1] it seems we removed usage of that plugin and have
a customized mechanism to allocate ports so that we don't need to run tests
in docker containers.

But the CI source (execute_tests.sh) seems to still pass docker
image -PdunitDockerUser=geode -PdunitDockerImage=\$(docker images. So do we
need to run these tests in docker containers?

1. https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/6720

Sai

Re: isolated test plugin

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Let's have a longer chat about what I know in slack. I think a lot of this
was done for running tests in parallel.

-Kirk

Re: isolated test plugin

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com>.
Seems like the execute_tests.sh hasn't been updated to remove setting the
environment variables after we removed usage of dockerized tests plugin.

Sai