Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dongmei Cao <do...@icann.org> on 2010/06/17 21:57:21 UTC

Question on the built-in email validator: client-side?

Hi,

Does the built-in email validator do client-side validation? I’m wondering if I did something wrong here.

When I use the following, I do not get client-side validation:
<input type="text" t:type="TextField" t:id="email" t:value="email" validate="email”/>

But this one gives me client-side validation just fine.
<input type="text" t:type="TextField" t:id="email" t:value="email" validate="regexp=^([a-zA-Z0-9_.-])+@(([a-zA-Z0-9-])+.)+([a-zA-Z0-9]{2,4})+$"/>

Thanks in advance!

Re: Question on the built-in email validator: client-side?

Posted by Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, there is no client validation associated to email
validator. It would be great to provide an empty js declaration, to
let developers provide a js implementation for the validator.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:57:21 -0300, Dongmei Cao <do...@icann.org>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> Does the built-in email validator do client-side validation? I’m
> wondering if I did something wrong here.

It doesn't. Please file a JIRA at the Tapestry 5 issue tracker.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Question on the built-in email validator: client-side?

Posted by Dongmei Cao <do...@icann.org>.
Forgot to mention the version I'm using - 5.1.0.5.