Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2006/06/01 15:27:55 UTC

Re: Flowscript file permissions on mkdir - pls help!

On 6/1/06, Dan Hertz <da...@danhertz.com> wrote:

> ...but on LINUX, the folder gets created with
> 0755 permissions (set by my ISP). This is insufficient to run my PHP
> script on the photo -- which needs the folder to be set to 0774...

I don't think you can change the folder permissions easily from a Java
app (except with ugly hacks like running a shell script).

The right way of fixing this is to set the correct permissions on the
parent folder, something like "chgrp somegroup thefolder ; chmod 770
thefolder ; chmod g+s thefolder".

-Bertrand