Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/07/08 11:38:10 UTC

Assigning AccessControllers to Publications

Hi Lenya developers,

at the moment, I use the term "access controller" for a
set consisting of a user manager, a group manager, an IP
range mangager and a role manager. (Should we change the
term so something more specific?)

The current access control implementation (in my workspace)
allows to define a set of access controllers in cocoon.xconf.
They can be shared by all publications.

The missing part is the assignment of access controllers to
publications. We could add a configuration file to every
publication.

But how to obtain the access controller for a publication?
Is access control implicit enough to add a getAccessControllerId()
method to the Publication class?

What do you think?

Andreas