Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/03 09:51:25 UTC

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-27 - Refactor Source Interface

Bump up the thread.

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I realized that the FLIP missed the information about *WatermarkOutput*. It
allows users to emit watermark and indicate the idleness of the source, and
is the super class of *SourceOutput.*  I have added the related information
to the FLIP wiki. The key information is following:

   - *WatermarkOutput** - *An interface for emitting watermark and indicate
   idleness of the source.
   -

   *Watermark* - A new Watermark class will be created in the package
   *org.apache.flink.api.common.eventtime. *This class will eventually
   replace the existing Watermark in
   *org.apache.flink.streaming.api.watermark. *This change allows
   flink-core to remain independent of other modules. Given that we will
   eventually put all the watermark generation into the Source, this change
   will be necessary. Note that this FLIP does not intended to change the
   existing way that watermark can be overridden in the DataStream after they
   are emitted by the source.

The class / interface definition has also been updated in the FLIP wiki.

Please let us know if you have any concerns regarding this change.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) (belated)

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.

From:Guowei Ma <gu...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2020 Feb. 4 (Tue.) 12:34
To:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Re: [VOTE] FLIP-27 - Refactor Source Interface

Posted by Guowei Ma <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei Zhong <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding), thanks for driving this!

Best,
Wei

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-27 - Refactor Source Interface

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.