Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2002/11/28 12:06:30 UTC

[patch] Re: forrestbot FORREST_HOME problem

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 11:33, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2002, Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, does anybody know a trick that will always return the full
> > path of the script, regardless of the location from where it's
> > executed and wheter it is in the PATH or not?
>
> Look into Ant's ant script - it also handles the case where the script
> is invoked via (several levels of) symlinks.

It works, thanks for the hint!

I have attached a patch for the forrestbot script, and did the same for
the forrest script.

bruno@outerthought.org

Re: [patch] Re: forrestbot FORREST_HOME problem

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:06:30PM +0100, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 11:33, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On 28 Nov 2002, Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyhow, does anybody know a trick that will always return the full
> > > path of the script, regardless of the location from where it's
> > > executed and wheter it is in the PATH or not?
> >
> > Look into Ant's ant script - it also handles the case where the script
> > is invoked via (several levels of) symlinks.
> >

> It works, thanks for the hint!
>
> I have attached a patch for the forrestbot script, and did the same for
> the forrest script.

Thanks, applied.  Still haven't worked out what the problem is but if you
reckon this fixes it.. :)

--Jeff