Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2013/02/12 09:50:00 UTC

Java version for bundles

Hi,

with SLING-2728 I've added some changes to our parent pom: we now have
a property named sling.java.version which is by default set to "5" and
can be changed in any project to "6".
This property defines the configuration of the java compiler plugin,
the animal sniffer plugin and sets the
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment manifest entry.

So by default each bundle is still targetting Java 5, but if a bundle
requires Java 6 it simply sets the property sling.java.version to 6.

If noone objects, I'll cut a release if the parent pom with this new feature.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Java version for bundles

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,
Nice elegant solution. No objections here. Go for it!
Ian