Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shubhanshu Gupta <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/16 14:10:42 UTC

Apache Solr quickstart tutorial - error while loading main class SimplePostTool

I am following Apache Solr quickstart tutorial
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/quickstart.html>. The tutorial comes across
indexing a directory of rich files which requires implementing java -Dauto
-Drecursive org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool docs/ .

I am getting an error which says: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool inspite of following the quickstart
tutorial closely. I am not getting how to resolve the error and proceed
ahead with the tutorial.
I would whole-heartedly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shubhanshu Gupta

LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=310143808&snapshotID=0&authType=name&authToken=cDRN&trk=NUS-body-member-name&sl=NPU_REG%3Bno_results%3B-1%3Bactivity%3A5903287270026268672%3B>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/Shubhanshugupta>

Re: Apache Solr quickstart tutorial - error while loading main class SimplePostTool

Posted by Shubhanshu Gupta <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot. It did work. A last favor - can you please explain me, why
did the old command didn't work and why this one worked? Although, I do
know that the command you have given assumes that I did not set the
environment through: "export CLASSPATH

=dist/solr-core-4.10.2.jar" .  But I already set the environment,
still there was no effect. Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

Thanks.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shubhanshu,

How about this one?

java -classpath dist/solr-core-*jar -Dauto -Drecursive org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool docs/

Ahmet