Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com> on 2004/08/26 17:35:23 UTC

The Devlish Details and xupdate:variable

Because, I spent many a night cursing code, anyone who dares to use xupdate:variable should be forewarned of the following.

If you intend to move an element using xupdate:variable and a corresponding xupdate:value-of, you must use updateResource() not update().  If you try to use update() you will get an exception "variable not resolvable".  I found this buried in the comments of a Bug.

Good day.

Tim O'Brien