Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net> on 2016/05/31 12:41:10 UTC

[Math] Is generic parameter T is really needed for KMeansPlusPlusClusterer.

Hi,

I'm just wondering whenever generic parameter for class
KMeansPlusPlusClusterer is really needed? I mean, I do understand the
initial intent of declaring it and trying to provide generic solution,
however in really after all current implementation heavily relies on T
being actually a DoublePoint, since it required to provide an ability to
define new centers while running Lloyd's iteration.

Could it be better to remove T and change the declaration of the class from

        *extends Clusterer<T> *
into
        *extends Clusterer<DoublePoint>*

to avoid confusions?