Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/29 22:55:41 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "QuestionsAndAnswers" by RoyFielding

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RoyFielding:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/QuestionsAndAnswers

The comment on the change is:
We spell it Apache Jackrabbit (camel case indicates wiki page). Minor grammos.

  ##language:en

- Welcome to the Jackrabbit Questions and Answers page! This page is an alternative to the [http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/mail-lists.html Jackrabbit mailing list] for people who prefer using a web forum instead of a mailing list for asking questions. Please feel free to add any Jackrabbit questions or answers here. See also the [http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/faq.html Jackrabbit FAQ] for the more frequently answered questions.
+ Welcome to the Apache Jackrabbit Questions and Answers page!
+
+ This page is an alternative to the [http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/mail-lists.html Jackrabbit mailing lists] for people who prefer using a web forum instead of a mailing list for asking questions. Please feel free to add any Jackrabbit questions or answers here. See also the [http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/faq.html Jackrabbit FAQ] for the most frequently answered questions.

  ----

@@ -15, +17 @@

   * The [http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/doc/firststeps.html First Hops] document
   * The ExamplesPage

- If you have ideas of good examples you'd like to see, please submit your ideas as [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR Jackrabbit issues]!
+ If you have ideas of good examples you'd like to see, please submit your ideas as [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR Jackrabbit enhancements]!

  ----
- I'm using/evaluating JackRabbit for an open source project (platypuswiki.sf.net).
+ I'm using/evaluating Apache Jackrabbit for an open source project (platypuswiki.sf.net).
- My Application is distributable as War (java webapp standard format).
+ My application is distributable as a War file (java webapp standard format).
- My problem is related to the jackrabbit authentication. I see, from your examples, the need of the jaas.config definition. I'd like that my users do not have to change its tomcat/jetty jvm configuration settings: -Djava.security.auth.login.config= blah blah/jaas.config.
+ My problem is related to the Jackrabbit authentication. I see, from your examples, the need of the jaas.config definition. I'd like that my users do not have to change its tomcat/jetty jvm configuration settings: -Djava.security.auth.login.config= blah blah/jaas.config.

- Question: So, there is a way to use JackRabbit without that access control, or to get it working without changing JVM properties ?
+ Question: Is there a way to use Jackrabbit without access control, or to get it working without changing JVM properties?

  --------