Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Robert Bowen <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/31 10:02:13 UTC

Criteria.setIgnoreCase() and boolean fields?

Hello all. I have a class that sets a whole bunch of
conditions for a search. Most of the fields I search
on are text so using Criteria.setIgnoreCase() has been
working.

I recently added another search criteria, on a boolean
field:

criteria.add(NotificationPeer.IS_COMPLETE, false);

But since the setIgnoreCase() is set to true for the
Criteria, Torque tries to do an UPPER() on a boolean
field!

Can I avoid this somehow? Currently it crashes in a
rather ugly way ...

Thanks!
syg

RE: Criteria.setIgnoreCase() and boolean fields?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Sounds like a bug to me. Can you please enter this in scarab, including the
database and the torque version you use ?

As a workaround, you can try to change your datamodel such that you use the
data type booleanchar instead of boolean.

   Thomas