Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Carlos Alvarez <cb...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 19:28:51 UTC

Adding nodes to a cluster and 2 minutes rule

Hi.

Here
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/cassandra/operations/ops_add_node_to_cluster_t.html
says
that it is needed to wait 2 minutes between adding nodes.

I was trying to figure out why, and how to check if after 2 minutes the
conditions to add more nodes are met or I have to wait more... any clues?

Thanks!
Carlos.

Re: Adding nodes to a cluster and 2 minutes rule

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Carlos Alvarez <cb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Here
> http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/cassandra/operations/ops_add_node_to_cluster_t.html says
> that it is needed to wait 2 minutes between adding nodes.
>
> I was trying to figure out why, and how to check if after 2 minutes the
> conditions to add more nodes are met or I have to wait more... any clues?

Why includes : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2434

=Rob

Re: Adding nodes to a cluster and 2 minutes rule

Posted by Carlos Alvarez <cb...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much. I'll try to find the code.

Carlos.

--
Tal vez hubo un error en la grafía. O en la articulación del Sacro Nombre.

Re: Adding nodes to a cluster and 2 minutes rule

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.