Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Роман Кужим <wh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 11:55:41 UTC

JDBC client/server specification

Hi! I am a C++ free developer. I want to create my own ODBC driver for your
database engine. But I found no specification for client/server
communication on your website. I researched JDBC source code but it is not
too well-documented in this case. Could you provide client/server
specification for JDBC if you have it? Thank you!
Best regards, Roman Kuzhym.

Re: JDBC client/server specification

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> I found no specification for client/server communication on your website.

The Derby client/server protocols are based on DRDA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDA

thanks,

bryan

Re: JDBC client/server specification

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 2/22/13 2:55 AM, Роман Кужим wrote:
> Hi! I am a C++ free developer. I want to create my own ODBC driver for
> your database engine. But I found no specification for client/server
> communication on your website. I researched JDBC source code but it is
> not too well-documented in this case. Could you provide client/server
> specification for JDBC if you have it? Thank you!
> Best regards, Roman Kuzhym.
Hi Roman,

Thanks for writing an ODBC driver for Derby. I hope that you will
consider donating this driver to the community. Even if you don't donate
this work, feel free to add a link to the "ODBC Drivers" section of the
following web page: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby . That
will help other people find your driver and pay you for it.

Thanks,
-Rick