Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by raintung li <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/10 09:53:46 UTC

How about the fetch the shuffle data in one same machine?

Hi all,

Now Spark only think the executorId same that fetch local file, but for
same IP different ExecutorId will fetch using network that actually it can
be fetch in the local Or Loopback.

Apparently fetch the local file that it is fast that can use the LVS cache.

How do you think?

Regards
-Raintung

Re: How about the fetch the shuffle data in one same machine?

Posted by raintung li <ra...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it is Loopback only localhost or 127.0.0.1 will go.
And the benchmarks test code should be simple don't involve calculate.
Just make two test codes
one just read the file from local
the other just read the file from netty

Read the different file size(small -> big), should have different
benchmarks. Of cause the memory copy fast than network deliver.

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.