Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by RAGHAVENDRA PRASAD <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 13:14:42 UTC

java.net.ConnectException

I am a newbie into hadoop. We are trying to set up hadoop infrastructure at
our company. I am not sure whether it is a right forum to ask this question.
Our Application server is windows. I was looking for tutorial by which we
can connect from windows system to hadoop(on ubuntu)  and have to run MR
jobs. I downloaded Eclipse plugin(Runs on Windows Server) and i gave ip
address for Host(hadoop location).When i clicked on finish, i got an error
-  Failed on Connection Exception java.net.ConnectException. Please let me
know on how to proceed or any tutorial would be helpful.

Regards,
Raghavendra Prasad

Re: java.net.ConnectException

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Have you checked the ports on which map-reduce server and hdfs are running.
I guess the plugin gives by default its own ports. you have to replace it
with the ports on which you are running your map reduce and hdfs.
I guess that might help you..!!

Thanks,
Praveenesh