Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mtitania <mt...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/21 03:07:53 UTC

Question about FromRepository mailet and how to invoke mailet

How do you invoke a mailet?
If I invoke the FromRepository mailet, what are the options for the
processor attribute?
Will re-spooling mail, invoke the other matchers/mailers that are in place?

thanks - just trying to understand options for auto-processing mail that has
already been delivered to an inbox.  It seems that most matcher/mailet
combos process incoming mail as it arrives, which is why I'm trying to
understand how to auto-process mail that has already arrived.

thanks,
Kim :-)

Re: Question about FromRepository mailet and how to invoke mailet

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Kim,
I *think* from repository is intended to do just what you want,
process them through the whole pipeline from scratch. I'm pretty sure
it was invented to let people re-process mail which had gone to an
error repository once the error had been resolved. Which is very close
to your use-case.

d.