Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Houliang Qi <ne...@163.com> on 2020/10/29 09:23:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge the cluster branch code to master branch

Hi all,

As we discussed before[1], it is better to merge the cluster branch with the master branch. We have also done some tests, including the following two aspects:
The performance of the server on the cluster branch and the performance of the master branch are tested;
Distributed functional regression testing

The test results[2] show that, the branch code on the cluster will not have a bad impact on the server performance. At the same time, all 364 test cases of distributed regression test passed.

I think we can merge the cluster branch into the master branch.

Any ideas?

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r37e0b606d5a5652493a6cd64b07b02dc16fae7fbae3e1a5827e75343%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/2020-10-29

Thanks,
---------------------------------------
Houliang Qi

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge the cluster branch code to master branch

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am reading the source code of cluster_new branch.

some codes are not very clear or graceful..

Where to discuss it? PR with code review? or open an issue? or just using
some IM tool...
(mailing list is also ok.)

Best,
Xiangdong Huang