Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/11/26 21:20:38 UTC

Problems preventing the cargo m2 build from working perfectly

Hi,

Just a heads up on the progress on the cargo m2 build. Things are
progressing but we still have the following annoying issues:

* No forking of tests in the surefire plugin. This prevents building all the
functional tests. MNG-441

* Deploy pluging failing because of scp command "hardcoded" even when using
custom scp and ssh executable. MNG-1587

* Deploy plugin failing with "session down" when using scp protocol to
deploy. MNG-678

* Custom checkstyle rule configuration not working. MNG-1113

* maven-one-plugin not on ibiblio nor in any snapshot repository.

* Error when running the assembly plugin as part of a multimodule build.
JIRA issue exists. MNG-1684

I'm probably forgetting a few. There are also several other issues but they
are minor.

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: Problems preventing the cargo m2 build from working perfectly

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Just a heads up on the progress on the cargo m2 build. Things are
>>progressing but we still have the following annoying issues:
>>
>>* No forking of tests in the surefire plugin. This prevents building all the
>>functional tests. MNG-441

Looking at this now.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

   -- Shakespeare

Re: Problems preventing the cargo m2 build from working perfectly

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up on the progress on the cargo m2 build. Things are
> progressing but we still have the following annoying issues:
>
> * No forking of tests in the surefire plugin. This prevents building all the
> functional tests. MNG-441

Yes its annoying for all of us. Are you volunteering to help fix it?
This is high on my todo list, but I have other things to do.

> * Deploy pluging failing because of scp command "hardcoded" even when using
> custom scp and ssh executable. MNG-1587

Got a patch?

> * Deploy plugin failing with "session down" when using scp protocol to
> deploy. MNG-678

I saw some discussion today, I'll have a look. I also intend to try the
latest jsch release. Unless anyone intends to dig into jsch and fix it,
the only alternative is a workaround I think that the original reporter
suggested. I'll try it.

> * Custom checkstyle rule configuration not working. MNG-1113

I got no response to " Vincent, what do you think of this patch?".
There's still some discussion and I'm afraid I don't understand the issue.

> * maven-one-plugin not on ibiblio nor in any snapshot repository.

I'm pretty sure it is as that's how I gave it to Dain to use when I
created it.

> * Error when running the assembly plugin as part of a multimodule build.
> JIRA issue exists. MNG-1684

Given it is the weekend, not surprising nobody's looked at it. I've
scheduled for 2.0.1.

- Brett